Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Athens: The Streets of the Palka

To walk on thousands of years of history and where untold and told history has taken place? I tried to remember and reflect that with each step I took on the cobblestone before me and below me. I would try to image the sites, the sounds, the smells, and all of the people and history that walked before me on those streets, sidewalks. I tried to image all of the sites, sounds, and history that was still uncovered and that could possibly still be laid below me on the cobblestone streets.

I walked all over the church, or whatever this is, trying to figure out what it was. No, idea. Never found a plaque or anything to give an English speaking American girl a clue of an idea. Of course it is written in Greek above the door, but I can't read Greek. However, I thought the woodwork and carving was something to take in.




I have no idea what this is. It looked old, ruined, and it had scaffolding around it, that equals importance therefore, a picture was taken. Color me a tourist.



This is where I was minding my own business, dup-da-dup-da-do, walking down the ancient streets when, Ta dah! There it was. The Holy Grail. Well, not really. Really, it is the Acropolis. Right there. On a hill. Crazy.




So nice, I published it twice!





They really are everywhere!

This is how I felt after my trip. Of course, I would be a girl dog who is laying all spread-leg and belly up, but still. This is pretty much how I felt. Man, that dog wouldn't move for anything or anyone. It was pushed, moved, swept-aside by the shop keeper whose door he was laying in front of...nope. That dog didn't move, didn't change position, nothin'. The dog stole my heart and my laugh. I think this picture is hilarious and says so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reenner said...

It looks like the Plaka I remember. I actually think one of the photos is the hotel I stayed at the last 4 times. I am glad you took the time to wander those great streets!!

5:22 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home